What Type of Water Heater Do You Need for Your Home?
The installation of your home’s water heater is an important decision. There are many factors to consider:
- Tanked vs. tankless water heater
- The right water heater for your household size
- Best location for your heater (installation)
- Gas or Electric
- How big of a water heater do I need
If you decided on a tank water heater, you may ask yourself, how big of a water heater do I need? Determining factors will be the size of your family and the utilities available in your home. Use this simple guide to determine your water heater size needs:
- For 1 to 2 people: 30-40 gallons.
- For 2 to 3 people: 40-50 gallons.
- For 3 to 4 people: 50-60 gallons.
- For 5+ people: 60-80 gallons.
Source: Zine Trip Online